Page 6 of 365... Learning to love yourself during a pandemic

 


Heyyy!

So 2021 is in full swing and so is another lockdown :) Lockdown is so hard for so many people so if you are reading this and you're struggling or just need a chat, my DMs are always open. My Instagram and Twitter is @megansvida or just give me a comment on here! I have also linked some helplines and their websites at the bottom of this post :)

First of all, I'd like to clarify I am not an expert at all, I am far from it, haha but I'm just sharing things that have personally helped me and hopefully will help you too!

So for months now (actually maybe years), I have been learning to love myself. I have had a love-hate relationship with myself for my whole life but that is a story for another day haha.

I have been so focused for the past month on loving myself and I feel like I am finally getting there and for once I feel happy in my own skin!

Okay, so I am going to stop rambling and get into my top 3 tips that have helped me! 


1: Listening to empowering music 



So this may sound a bit weird but let me explain 😂. I have found a few playlists on Spotify with songs that are really empowering for women and about being independent and basically a boss bitch :) I always play one of these on a morning when I wake and when I'm getting ready for the day. Honestly, it boosts my mood and motivates me sooo much I can not recommend it enough. I will literally be dancing to this playlist all morning when I get ready. The playlists on Spotify I listen to are 'Powerful Women' 'I am a strong independent woman' and ' motivational workout songs by females'. I'll try to see if I can link them at the bottom of this post but have a look for playlists that motivate you and just play it every morning, it will make such a difference to your mood!

2: Law of attraction and podcast



Recently I have started looking into the law of attraction and manifestation. I am going to do a post about this when I know more about it myself because I honestly feel more people should know about it! 

The whole concept of attracting the vibes that you give off has impacted my mentality so much. Because I want to attract good vibes I need to give off good vibes and since I have started doing this my mood has been so much better. I recommend looking into it and I am going to link a podcast at the bottom of this post that helped me

3: Exercise and Eating healthy



I know this is associated with weight loss but this is not why I do it and I never restrict myself. Every day I either go for a run or walk and again it just boosts my mood. The fresh air helps so much and motivates me for the day. With healthy eating I am not restricting myself at all I am just started to cook more and adding more fruit and veggies into my diet. I am not calorie counting (I've tried that it didn't end well 😂) and if I want some junk food I am going to demolish it!


Those are the 3 tips that have helped me. They all focus on boosting your mood and motivation and that is what has helped me accept myself because I am now in a whole other mindset. You can also do every single one of these tips during a pandemic and they can help you escape from what's going on in the world. Let me know in the comments if you have any tips for self-love. Don't forget to ask the people around you how they are and spread some positivity on social media. It can be such a cruel place but it doesn't need to be! Go and comment on someones post something positive and nice to make them feel good and I guarantee you you'll feel good for doing it. 


Speak to ya soon

Megan xxx


Links:

Mental health helplines:


Spotify playlists:

Podcast:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page 1 of 365

3 tips to being more organised